Traveling Gypsy- Bucket List
Adventure and Travel
1. Truly traverse the entire globe & set foot on each of the seven continents.
2. Take a 6 month WORLD TRAVEL Tour and learn more about people, psychology, Cultural differences, religion (Not really Religious, but am open to it).
3. Live like a local for a month in another country. The experience of visiting native people gives you way more insight into another way of life than two years hopping from one backpacker ghetto to the next.
4. Visit all “Wonders of the World” at http://www.New7Wonders.com
5. Tango in Argentina.
6. Stomp grapes at a vineyard to make wine
7. Participate in La Tomatina (last Wednesday in August) Buñol in the Valencia region of Spain
8. Participate in Holi (The full moon in March) India
9. Participate in Australia Day (January 26)
10. Scuba in the World’s most unique aquatic environment…. the Great Barrier Reef.
11. Participate in a Carnival parade in Brazil.
12. Eat the most AMAZING ice cream in the World at the Taiwanese night market
13. Eat fresh fruit at the Floating Market in Thailand
14. Run with the bulls in Pamplona, Spain during San Fermines
15. Hike/Camp in the Amazon Rainforest.
16. Stage dive and crowd surf at a concert.
17. Play a didgeridoo with aborigines in the Australian Outback
18. Be an extra in a movie
19. Participate in/start a flash mob
20. Visit a fortune teller
21. Take a tour of a fortune cookie factory
22. Climb an active volcano and roast marshmallows over the lava
23. Follow my food from field to table. Most people in the world still eat what they have picked with their own hands. Why not get back to these basics?
24. Shower in a Waterfall
25. See the Northern Lights
26. Photograph an endangered species. Aside from an image to keep for a lifetime, it will remind me, and others, how fragile life can be.
27. Participate in Burning Man. (Starts 8 days before the American Labor Day, September) Blackrock Desert, Nevada USA
28. Spend 24 hours alone in a jungle.
29. Learn how to make a national dish.
30. Travel India by train on its extensive rail network.
31. Attend a music festival in another country.
32. Go on an African Safari
33. Log in enough sky dive jumps to get my A license
34. Go Zip Lining on a jungle canopy tour
35. Ride a donkey at the Grand Canyon
36. Go Tubing down a river (Nantahala, New River & Saluda River)
37. Skim board without falling off
40. Go Wakeboarding
41. Jump from the tallest tree on the highest cliff at Grayson
42. Fly in First Class
43. Take a picture of the Mona Lisa in the Louvre, Paris
44. Rock Climb without gear
45. Take a gondola ride in Venice, Italy
46. Take a hot air balloon ride
47. Go Ultra Gliding
48. Go hang gliding
49. Turn a public place full of complete strangers into a dance party
50. Sell my artwork to someone I don’t know
51. Go Deep Sea Fishing and eat my catch
52. Take a whale watching boat trip
53. Spend New Years in an exotic location
54. Spend New Years in Time Square, NYC
55. Do the Great Polar Bear Challenge
56. Look for hidden treasure with a metal detector
57. Find a starfish in the ocean
58. Ride a Camel in the dessert in Egypt
59. See the Old Faithful geyser erupt
60. Go to Taipei 101
61. Walk the Golden Gate Bridge
62. Win first prize in a costume contest
63. Do something you should regret, but don’t
64. Visit the Catacombs in Paris
65. Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower
66. Jump off a cliff into a natural body of water in an exotic location
67. Take a tour of the Favellas in Rio de Janeiro
68. Go skiing in the Rockies.
69. Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
70. Trek through the jungle on the back of an elephant
71. Start a social movement on a cause you believe in
72. Stay in a tiki hut on an exotic beach
73. Dive with sharks
74. See the Pyramids of Giza
75. Visit the Great Wall of China
76. See the Mayan temples
77. Climb the Hollywood sign
78. Ride a tandem bike
79. Go to the Kentucky Derby
81. New Zealand
85. Santorini, Greece
86. Loch Ness, Scotland
88. Himalayas – Nepal
89. Galapagos Islands
93. Moorea Island in French Polynesia
94. Angel Falls – Venezuela
98. Berlin, Germany
99. Frankfurt, Germany
100. Zurich, Switzerland
101. Cozumel, Mexico
102. Niagara Falls
103. Paris, France
104. Marseille, France
106. Koh Samui, Thailand
107. Bangkok, Thailand
108. Taipei, Taiwan
109. Antigua, Guatemala
110. Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
111. Tikal, Guatemala
112. Barcelona, Spain
113. Madrid, Spain
114. Pamplona, Spain
115. NYC, NY
116. Boston, MA
117. Seattle, WA
118. San Jose, CA
119. San Francisco, CA
120. Vegas, NV
121. Savannah, GA
122. Miami, FL
123. Orlando, FL
128. London, UK
129. Rome, Italy
133. Visit Stonehenge
135. Visit Machu Pichu
138. South Africa
Learn How To Do Something
Learn how to blow glass
Take a bead making class
Communicate with someone without sharing a common spoken language
Learn to Surf
Learn to Belly Dance
Learn to Hula
Get Scuba certified
Learn how to Kite surf
Find True Love
Have Children – Preferably Twins J
Win the Lottery
Write a book
Become a travel journalist
Teach English in a foreign country
Volunteer abroad for a month.
Make a major difference in the life of a complete stranger
Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
Save someone’s life
Help an animal give birth
Become fluent in 2 other language.
Get an article about my travels published.
Take a martial arts class
Teach myself five forms of art from scratch
Keep a blog
Always stay certified in CRP/First aid assistance
Take a photography class
Submissions to lesleycarter.wordpress.com
With 293,720 hits and 8,480 followers in less than 6 months, I’ve decided to start outsourcing some of my posts and I’m accepting submissions!
Submit your travel posts and bucket list adventures along with photography to Bucket List Publications at [email protected]. All authors/photographers whose articles are chosen for publication will receive publication at lesleycarter.wordpress.com, a link to their blog, and a link on my Facebook page Lesley Carter – http://www.facebook.com/LesleyCarterBlog.
lesleycarter.wordpress.com has an average of 80,000 views a month, 8,480 followers, and around 3000 readers a day!
Please submit articles on the following subjects:
Top Tourist Destinations
Bucket List Adventures
Articles should include at least 3 pictures and up to 10. Pictures should be sent as jpeg attachments rather than embedded in a word file. Maximum size per email is 10mb so if you’re sending many large photos you can use multiple emails.
Your submissions do not need to be original posts. You can submit already published works as long as they are your own content. I do ask that all submissions are in Microsoft Word format and all photos are sent as jpeg attachments.
Remember to include your name and a link to your blog at the bottom of the text.
Send submissions to [email protected].
I’ll start posting submissions on Friday, January 20th, 2012 and post regularly.
Thank you and I look forward to reading your Bucket List Publications!