Awe inspiring, majestic, grand, a vast postcard of natural wonders, The Island of Hawaii has been on my bucket list as long as I had one. On September 24th, Darren and I will board a flight to The Island of Hawaii. It is never about just crossing something off of my list; experiences like this are life-changing and I’m going to make the most of every second. From the molten magma flowing from Hawaii Volcanoes National Park to the world famous Manta Ray Snorkel & Dive with Fair Wind; from the green rainforests of the Hamakua Coast to the jet-black sands of Punaluu Beach; I don’t want to miss a thing on The Island of Hawaii. With only 6 days to explore the dramatic size and scope of the largest Hawaiian Island, we need to plan effectively. Here’s the plan; it reads more like a life list rather than 6 days of activities.
1. Stay at Hilton Waikoloa Village
2. Swim with dolphins at Dolphin Quest
3. Enjoy The Legends of the Pacific Luau
4. Morning Cruise with Fair Wind Inc (Diving, snorkeling, sea rockets, and SNUBA)
5. Manta Night Snorkel & Dive with Fair Wind Inc
6. The Hawai’i Experience helicopter tour with Paradise Helicopters
7. Rent a two door jeep with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
8. Kohala Zip & Dip with Hawaii Forest & Trail
9. Raft, Snorkel & Dolphin Adventure with Captain Zodiac
10. Sheraton Kona for the last night
11. Dinner at Rays on the Bay
This is just the start of our list. We’d also like to include surf lessons and boogie boarding. What are your suggestions? Do you know a great experience on The Big Island. Share it with us and maybe it will make the list.