A few days after creating the original “Friends”/social media post, I created a new post that explained how linking to too many blogs is not beneficial for either party. With over 100 links, I would actual bring your ranking down. I’ve been researching SEO rankings and learned a lot from my readings. It was only after I read the section on linking that I truly understood the process and decided to change the “Friends” page to its current status. I read that social shares such as tweets, likes, and follows are considered a far superior and more lasting way to promote the popularity of content than any other method so if you’ve linked to my blog, I’m now following your blog and I will check back regularly.
A few other things I’ve learned that seem to increase SEO rankings and google rankings include:
1. Adding a Title, Alt title, and description to all of your photos (So google can read them)
2. Linking your blog/website to Twitter and Facebook.
3. “like” and comment, meaningful comments that show the writer you actually read the piece, on other related blogs.
4. Respond to every comment possible.
5. Write regularly and include, well-labeled, images.
6. Claim your site on Alexa.
I am new to blogging. With less than a year under my belt, I’m just figuring out the process. I hope these new tips help in some way and may you continue to grow with success,
If you’re looking for more ways to grow your blog and increase your ranks, check out our 7 Great Ways to Improve Your Alexa Ranking.